Sunday, 24 October 2010

Clamping

With some left over dyes and various lids, a little more playtime.

First of a 'flag fold', clamped with milk container tops.


The circles did not penetrate the whole of the
folded cloth.  However, briefly rinsed and left in
the bowl I discovered an interesting dye run -
if you like pastel!

At the other end of the cloth two evil eyes are
watching me.


That's a bit scary!

So now with metal lids, clamped really tightly.



Great - I think I can work on this idea.




3 comments:

tiedyejudy said...

Can lids work great! So do CD's, although you might get an eyeball look with the CD's! But then you can have fun embellishing afterward... see the last 3 pix on http://www.tiedyejudy.com/Art%20Quilts.htm for an example of what I mean.

Rayna said...

So cool! I can never find clamps that keep anything together tightly enough:-(.

Tiggy Rawling said...

Judy - I am going to zip over to your blog to have a look. I know about eyeballs! I 'found' two wooden circles with a drill hole in the middle. Eyes, or even part of a lady's anatomy!

Rayna - I use metal grips that I can hardly open! They work really well, good for the upper arm muscles too.