Wednesday 3 July 2013

creaking

After the flurry of workshops hither and thither, won't you know it, the back is complaining.
So I have been taking it a little easy this past week.    

There was the Shisha workshop here last Saturday, under the new amazing conservatory roof, which as promised, made the room cooler under the hot sun. 

   Rabari mirrorwork 

Rabari mirror work, so colourful and beautifully stitched

Coffee with my friend Jenny, then a wander around Wimborne.   I understand walking is good for your back, probably when it is not 'out'!    Helping to stick labels on envelopes for CQG newsletter with Barbara, Hilary and Fran.   In between, quilting and surface stitching the kurta quilt, whilst resting my back.     The end is in sight, inasmuch as most of the pieced top is stitched.






Last day of 'term' with my friends at Walford Mill tomorrow.   I will set up my indigo vat,
ready for dyeing after our yummy lunch.    The sun is going to shine and it will be warm, with no rain forecast.

On Friday a date with the chiropractor to scrunch me back into shape.   It's not much fun having one leg slightly shorter than the other, especially if you are vertically challenged!

Saturday it will be even warmer, and possibly very HOT.   How wonderful is that?  The Indigo workshop in the garden should be magnificent!   I'll take lots of photos.

So a creaky start and a getting better week, in every sense of the word.


No comments: