Saturday 14 June 2008

An interesting week

Workshop with Wareham West Country Embroiderers - Indian Stitchery, a crazy sampler covering mirror work, Banjara, and kantha.   They all worked very hard, and have something to stitch/complete during the summer holidays! I am hoping to see photos of their finished pieces (eventually).
detail
A girl's day out with my daughter, Amanda, in Exeter.   The park and ride is brilliant, so much better than fighting the city traffic.     Shopping, lunch, shopping, afternoon tea.  Great.

This weekend it is the Wimborne Folk Festival - the town is awash with visitors, Morris Men, and various other folk dance troupes.    The pubs have folk singing day and night.    

I present a section of Morris Dancing folk - great head gear



Tomorrow there will be market stalls, I might just have to pay another visit.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I love Wimborne folk festival. It is such a shame, went up to Ringwood last Sunday. We could have gone today instead and stopped of for a while.
I am loving your blog Tig. I went to the Walford mill to drop of some cards. I was admiring some velvet scarves and realised they were yours. The colours are so rich. I have been checking out your neocounter. You are very popular. I have a long way to go to catch you up!

jude said...

that indian stitchery is to die for.