Friday 26 March 2010

A touch of the Virgos

All ready for a potato printing workshop tomorrow with young people - except for the main ingredient, potatoes.  Shopping after lunch.

In the meantime I though I would look out some silk bits.  Shock, horror box.  It was a mess.  All tipped out on floor and sorted into take away bags.  Oh, so tidy now!  In theory I just have to select the appropriate bag as needed.  I still have tiny, tiny bits on the floor.  I really don't need these, perhaps blind fold hoovering is the answer.

4 comments:

jude said...

oh silk bits are like candy, but hard to hold on to....

Sandra Wyman said...

Once had a friend who had a bag of stuff labelled "bits too small to use"...but I do understand why it would have to be blindfold!

Tiggy Rawling said...

Bit's too small can be used, but enough I said to myself. Buried at the bottom of the box are small containers with 'bits' - tidy bits!

reensstitcher said...

I have a row of old fashioned sweetie jars on the top shelf of my bookcase (which contains fabric rather than books). These were sold to us for a small donation in the quilting group I belonged to in Northants. A village shopkeeper was chucking them out. They are wonderful and I have roughly colour-coded them with some having cottons and others bits of silk etc. I just have to remember to go to them when I need a really small bit. Worth looking out for if you still have an old-fashioned shop near you.