Monday 20 December 2010

A festive interlude

A couple of days after my return from India, it was a 
Walford Mill Thursday, and the meeting of Just 10.
Actually, it's just seven now.  We meet every other
Thursday, and have done for twenty years - good
grief - when we started the C&G Patchwork
and Quilting course.

Kay issued a challenge to cover a box for the
Christmas lunch party.  That rattled the creative
thing in my brain.




So here is my box covering - sari silk waste
couched on to pelmet vilene.



The festive table - piles of Christmas cards.
Mistletoe - well, you never know who might
come upstairs.  Packages containing covered
boxes - with presents inside.   The food is
on another table.  The best meal in town.
We all bring a plate of something, and
somehow manage not to double up.


Today it has been snowing since 7am.
Yes, here in Dorset.   Now I am getting a
bit excited - I can have a go at snow dyeing!


I have tw journal quilts to catch up with before
the end of the year.   I have a new pair of
shoes with fabulous patterns on the soles.



Now, there's some inspiration.



The bird table decked out for Christmas.
Along with the usual feeders, a large branch
of holly, with berries - will the Redwings come?
Home made suet 'mince pies' for our
feathered friends - not squirrels.  (should any
of them happen to read my blog).

No comments: