Wednesday 20 February 2013

flying the flag

First workshops of 2013 start this week,    Half term activity time, 
mini Art Workshops held at two different schools, and they are 'drop in'.   
A bit of a shock to the system!

I spent most of Monday in preparation, having to guess how many children
would participate.   Tuesday I found out!  It was non stop, dyeing fun.
Amazingly, not too much mess.     

On a rough count 60 plus children went home with their little bundle of
dyed cloth, washing instructions and a flag stick.

I had three patterns to choose from as, from experience, too much 
selection causes confusion and a great deal of thinking what to do. 
To keep it simple, the fabric is folded to produce the different designs.




flag 1 - pleated and bound with rubber bands



 flag 2 - a swirl




flag 3 - flag fold




an orphan flag
wrapped in paper, unnamed and unclaimed
it's gorgeous!

I was so tired after my six hour stint I left all the messy pots
and sponge brushes until this morning.    I've repacked, ready
for another workshop tomorrow.


No comments: